Claytex will be exhibiting at the Achievement and Maintenance of Safety Integrity Levels Seminar 2015, organised by the IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology).
Industries increasingly rely upon safety systems to maintain and protect operating assets.
Systems comprised of electrical or electronic elements have been widely used to perform safety functions in most application sectors. The oil and gas industry, nuclear plants, and transport sector, to name but a few, all rely heavily on functional safety. The functional safety compliance requirements of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 and other standards covering safety-related systems are increasingly being specified in procurement specifications in a wide range of sectors and increasingly diverse applications. The standards are also being used not just for functional safety but also for asset protection.
Allied to the need to have adequate levels of functional safety to meet safety / environment risks is the need to ensure that safety-related systems are properly protected against cyber-attacks.
This year’s seminar will focus on practical solutions at achieving Safety Integrity Levels (SIL). Experts in the field will look into emerging challenges in a diverse range of sectors and topics:
- Competence criteria for safety related systems – The IET Code of Practice for Competence of Safety-Related Systems Practitioners
- What’s new in the revised process safety international standard IEC61511
- Functional safety concepts applied to asset protection in oil and gas and process industries
- Emerging issues and challenges in safety systems for nuclear new build
- Case study: Hydro-power flood gate control. Design parameters and how they were developed
Meet with Claytex
On our stand we will be showcasing Reqtify, our interactive application for managing requirements.
Visit our stand to find out how Claytex can help you with your requirements traceability and impact analysis needs.
To attend the show please: Register online or Download form
Workshop and Seminar Programmes
If you have any questions or would like to book a meeting with us during the event, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Telephone: +44 1926 885900