Fluid Power Library
The Fluid Power Library is a library for modelling hydraulic systems such as those found in aircraft, cars, excavators and many other types of machine.
The library uses a novel Modelica connector that simplifies the model development task and the component models use ISO1219 compliant icons to make the circuit diagrams instantly recognisable to hydraulic design engineers. The goal is to allow you to arbitrarily connect components to build up the hydraulic circuit you want to simulate without having to be concerned with the underlying equations and model structure.
- Extensive library of ready to use standard components
- Components can be parameterised using the typical data found on manufacturers data sheets or using geometry data and flow coefficients to support component design
- Novel connector allowing arbitrary connection of components without having to worry port volumes as you need to in other Modelica libraries for simulating hydraulics
- Built on the Claytex and ClaytexFluid library to provide access to an extensive library of control, mechanical and fluid components
- The oil property models include compressibility, cavitation, viscosity and temperature dependent effects
The FluidPower library is designed to support development of hydraulic systems in any engineering domain.
- Automotive and Motorsports
- Braking, Power-steering, Transmission actuation
- Braking, Landing-gear, Flap actuation systems, Aeroengine controls
- Transmissions, Construction / Mining machinery
- Actuation systems for infrastructure or manufacturing
Connectivity to other Modelica libraries, for example VeSyMA or FlexBody, enables the modelling of complex multi-domain systems.