The Cooling Library is a commercial and licensed Modelica library for the modelling of liquid and air cooling circuits.
The library contains several fluids models typical of cooling circuits, such as propylene/ethylene glycol and water mixtures and dry/moist air.
The strong point of the library is by far the heat exchangers modelling, with models of chevron plates and flat tubes heat exchangers with different types of fins and different levels of details.
- Enables the detailed modelling of complete cooling circuits.
- Enables the dimensioning of cooling components to assess sub-systems lifetime and performance.
- Allows the analysis of batteries, electric drives and electronics thermal management.
- Simplifies control development by considering the thermal inertia of coolant circuits based on dynamic models.
- Supports Dymola 2017 FD01 and later
1D fluids networks can be easily built dragging and dropping ready made components in the Dymola diagram layer.
Among the components of the library there are: pumps, fans, pipes, valves, reservoirs, heat exchangers, cold plates, bends, T-junctions.
Typical applications are: hydraulic circuits, air handling units and motor cooling circuits.