Claytex have released a brand new Modelica Library for Engine modelling. The Engines library is capable of modelling both Spark Ignition and Compression Ignition engines and is split into two variants with different levels of fidelity. The Mean Value version of the Engines library predicts the cycle averaged intake and exhaust flows, emissions and torque. The Crank Angle Resolved version predicts the complete cyclic intake and exhaust flows and torque.
Both versions of the Engines library have been designed to work with common engine architecture templates. This enables quick model set-up and ensures a consistent layout for a variety of engine architectures.
- Available in two versions: Mean Value for fast simulation and Crank Angle Resolved for more detailed analysis.
- A single model including intake and exhaust flow and mechanical dynamics
- Spark Ignition and Compression Ignition engines.
- Supports naturally aspirated and forced induction (turbochargers and superchargers)
- Uses standard Modelica connectors to promote compatibility with other automotive model libraries
- Introduces a new Rotation3D library developed by Claytex for efficient simulation of rotating MultiBody systems
- Compatible with Modelica 3.1 and Dymola 7.4 or later
For further details see the Engines Library page